5 December 2017

Digital Devil Story (Japan, 1987)

A programming student utilizes occult magic and computer technology to summon a demon into the physical world.

In the mood for some cheesy/awesome anime? Digital Devil Story should satisfy your need for that morning cartoon-show, cool and stylish but also Sailor Moon-silliness. I read somewhere that the makers were inspired by how computers were getting more and more popular and they feared a time when technology would more or less topple mankind. I guess you could say they had legit reasons to be afraid, though it seems slightly excessive to have the Norse God Loki stepping out of your computer screen wanting to slaughter everyone.

As I've stated, the film almost has the feel of a cheesy morning cartoon with an M-rating, but sometimes that's exactly how I like my 80's anime.

Genre: Animation/Action/Fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment