31 December 2014

Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno (Japan, 2014)

Makoto, an assassin who once was contracted by the government, has since become obsessed with tearing it down. Formerly, Kenshin was mainly concerned with protecting Kaoru, but the stakes are now higher as he struggles to protect the nation itself.

The first Rurouni Kenshin movie was a superb samurai action fest with interesting characters. It's sequel, Kyoto Inferno, multiplies all that with ten. After watching it, my jaw is somewhere on the floor and I'm in some kind of euphoria. The fights in this film are some of the best ones I've ever seen put to film, and I can't help but smile like an idiot when they fly towards each other and their swords smashes against one another with such speed. It get's your heart pumping. 

Being that it's all based on a manga and anime, the antagonists are all very out of the ordinary with crazy outfits and fighting styles. I've seen some amazing samurai films before, so I'm glad that I still can be so impressed by the genre as I am with Rurouni Kenshin. One of the most epic and best films of this year.


Genre: Action

No comments:

Post a Comment